- Christmas Party – Friday, December 20th at 9 am
- Early Release Day – Friday, December 20th at 12:15
What we are learning:
- Spelling Words: so, them, she, many
- Phonics/Spelling pattern: CVCe words: Ex: note, make (On the back of the spelling test, there will be a CVC word like the word: not and the students will have to add an e to the end of the word to make the word: note and then they draw a picture of the word.)
- Math: Addition and Subtraction using bigger numbers. (using addition and subtraction problems with answers under 20)
- To practice at home: I would love for the kids to start memorizing addition and subtraction facts where the answer is 10 and under. You can make flash cards with the facts Ex: 2+3=, 4+5, 8+2, etc.
- Writing: Using nonfiction books to help create our own nonfiction stories.
- Reading: Nonfiction books: table of contents, glossary, labels, etc.
- Science/Social Studies: Owls: we are going to have so much fun learning about owls this week!! Don’t tell the kiddos but we will be dissecting an owl pellet!